Program Duration: 1 years full-time
Intakes: March, July, November
CRICOS Program Codes: 047261B VIC & 047999D NSW
Course fees: Internation Students - AUD$8,000 per semester
The Graduate Diploma of Business Information Systems will provide you with the appropriate knowledge, skills and values to be effective in modern business environments.It is a state-of-the-art program that considers modern principles and theories of computing together with the practical applications of information technology. The Graduate Diploma of Business Information Systems examines both the organisational and technological issues that are needed for the analysis and design of business information systems.
Successful completing of this program will give you the foundation, knowledge and skills to:
- Disciss the latest developments in information technology;
- Understand the different types of information technology tools and their applications;
- Manage the impact of technology in organisations;
- Understand the role of technology in manageing knowledge and information;
- direct the use and uptake of modern technology;
- Recognise the threats and opportunities of technology in business;
- Value the importance of technology in the business cycle;
- Demonstrate an awareness of ethical and social implication of their interest area; and
- Possess superior written and oral communication skills
On completion of the Graduate Diploma of Business Information System, you will be well-equipped for employment in a range of areas, including information systems development, information management, electronic commerce, database administration and consulting.
Sample study Program
Year 1, Trimester 1
- Professional Communication
- Introduction to Multimedia
- Business Information Systems
- Database Management System
Year 1, Trimester 2
- Business or Computing Elective
- Webpage and Multimedia Design
- Professional Development
- Electronic Commerce 1
As a minimum, applicants must have successfully completed at least a three year Australian Bachelor Degree or overseas equivalent.
Recognised Prior Learning/Course Credit
Course credit may be available, for recognised program to a maximum of 4 courses.
This program is accredited to the Professional Level by the Australian Computer Society.